- This event has passed.
IRON MOM RUN
May 12 @ 7:00 AM
Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018
Start time: 7:00 AM (all runners)
Start location: Water St. & Jefferson St., Paducah, Kentucky
Description of Course: The course is a loop course with start and finish downtown Paducah. This year’s route has a Start/Finish on Jefferson between Water St. & 2nd St. at the spectacular “Wall to Wall” murals. The course offers an opportunity for runners to enjoy Paducah’s beautiful neighborhoods and showcases Paducah by running through Jefferson Street, The Greenway Trail, Bob Noble Park, and Historic Downtown and LowerTown.
Weather Conditions: The Lourdes Paducah Iron Mom will utilize the American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for reacting to weather conditions:
- Black Flag: Temperatures greater than 82 degrees. Race may be canceled or recommend voluntary withdrawal of race participants of those that are poorly acclimated or non-resident participants.
- Red Flag: Temperatures between 73 and 82 degrees. Recommend participants at increased risk for heat collapse withdraw from race and others slow pace to match conditions.
- Yellow Flag: Temperatures between 65 and 72 degrees. Recommend participants at increased risk for heat collapse slow pace. Warn entrants of increased risk of heat collapse.
- Green Flag: Temperatures below 65 degrees. Collapse can still occur. Decreased risk of hyperthermic and hypothermic collapse.
- White Flag: Temperatures below 50 degrees. Increased risk of hypothermic collapse.
- Mile markers on each side of the road 8″ high.
- 12 water stations
- Gatorade offered at mile 3, 6, 9, & 11.
- Relay zones for relay runners to exchange race bib/belt
- Permanent and portable bathrooms at Start/Finish Lines.
- Portable and permanent restrooms along the route.
Relay Team Route Information
Recommended drive route for relay runners: Follow the blue route for the recommended route to drive from Start to transition areas to Finish! (download route map above)
- Leg 1 is 3.1 miles – Flat road; from riverfront start to intersection of Jefferson & Central Ave.
- Leg 2 is 3.5 miles – “Ribbon” hills through the beautiful Pines neighborhood.
- Leg 3 is 3.4 miles – Partial trail on The Greenway Trail and through Noble Park on road.
- Leg 4 is 3.1 miles – Flat road to the finish from Noble Park to riverfront finish on Jefferson & Water Street.
Finish Line: Relay runners are allowed to cross the finish line together. We encourage you to join your last runner at Mile 13. We ask that you hold hands, interlock arms, etc as you cross the finish line so it is obvious to the timers that you are finishing as a “team”!
Friday, May 11 from 10am-6pm at the Paducah Convention Center (lobby/foyer area) – 1 Executive Blvd, Paducah, KY
Race Day registration and packet pick-up starts at 5:30am downtown.
- Start/Finish Line Parking: The Carson Center at 100 Kentucky Ave.
- Transition #1 Parking: Estes Chiropractic, 3217 Central Ave.
- Transition #2 Parking: County Park Road
- Transition #3 Parking: Robert Cherry Civic Center, 2701 Park Ave or Noble Park Tennis Court Parking
SHUTTLE SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED: Relay teams may use the FREE shuttle to transport team members to the RELAY Transition areas. The Shuttle STOP will be in the parking lot of the National Quilt Museum and will run to each transition area and back to the Start/Finish area.
- Individual awards will be given to the top overall male and female, as well as the top male and female in each age group (19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+).
- Team awards will be given to the top 2-person team and top 4-person team in each of these categories: mixed, all-female, and all-male.
Race Photography: Fox Fotography will be the official race photographer. Bill Fox and his staff are experienced sports photographers and have covered other community fitness events including 5K races and triathlons. More information will be posted on the approximate locations of photographers on this site as well as purchasing information. For more information on Fox Fotography, visit www.foxfotography.zenfolio.com.
Race merchandise will be available for purchase at Packet Pick-Up, as well as on race day at the Finish Line.
- The Lourdes Paducah Iron Mom course does cross train tracks at certain areas
- In the seven years of its running, The Lourdes Paducah Iron Mom has not had an issue with train(s), we fervently hope that is the case every year as we understand it would be a quite a bummer should it occur.
- It can take a mile or more to stop a train, so a locomotive engineer who suddenly sees someone on the tracks will likely be unable to stop in time. Railroad property is private property.
- Trains overhang the tracks by at least three feet in both directions; loose straps hanging from rail cars may extend even further. If you are in the right-of-way next to the tracks, you can be hit by the train.
- Do not cross the tracks immediately after a train passes. A second train might be blocked by the first. Trains can come from either direction. Wait until you can see clearly around the first train in both directions.
- Flashing red lights indicate a train is approaching from either direction. You can be fined for failure to obey these signals. Never walk around or behind lowered gates at a crossing, and DO NOT cross the tracks until the lights have stopped flashing and it’s safe to do so.
- Do not attempt to hop aboard railroad equipment at any time.
- Turn off music and remove earphones at all rail crossings.
- Wet train tracks can be slippery. Step over the tracks, not on them, to avoid slipping.
- Over the years, race organizers have made notifications to the railroads, however we have been informed to be aware trains do not follow set schedules and any time is train time!
- Wonderful volunteers are located throughout the event at intersections and water stations for your assistance and safety. Ultimately, you are responsible for your safety by following the rules of the road whether it is at an uncontrolled intersection or train crossings. We supply this information for your awareness and any preparation on your end.